Marie’s Story

Carbon monoxide exposure in a civilian Ford Explorer

In 2012, Ford began receiving complaints about exhaust odor leaking into car cabins.  Marie never noticed a foul smell in her Ford Explorer, rather she noticed the odd feeling the car gave her. Marie was poisoned by carbon monoxide that leaked into her car beginning in 2015.  For three years, Marie suffered various afflictions, that no one could diagnose, treat, or understand.

There is a gap in the discussion surrounding Ford Explorers between car exhaust and the presence of carbon monoxide.  Marie’s story shows the complexity of this issue and the physical, mental, and financial stress surrounding carbon monoxide exposure.

Read Marie’s Story

Marie's Story

October 22, 2018


Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *